Saturday, November 3, 2012

Nintendo Wii U Launch Titles Part 3





I have to say that without even seeking any info, I had dismissed Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed from my list of Wii U launch title buying consideration. I did this because I thought it was just a port of Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, which I already have for Xbox 360. It was a fun racing game that was basically a rip-off of Mario Kart. But it was fun. After looking at the trailer for the Wii U title, it looks like they have added boat and spaceship racing segments as well. Also, I did not recognize any of the tracks from the 360 game, so it's not a straight up port like I thought. This might actually be a game I am buying at launch. Also, the game is priced at $40! Looks like the Wii U's tablet is used simply as a map screen. Probably, a second player will be able to use the tablet as well.

Chance of me buying this: 60%








Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two looks pretty awesome and it's definitely a title I would normally pick up launch day....BUT I bought the FIRST Epic Mickey game for the Wii at launch a couple of years ago and sadly have never gotten around to playing it. So unless I get off my ass and play and finish the first game in the next two weeks, I will not be buying Epic Mickey 2. There's not really a lot of info out there as to any exclusive Wii U functionality as regards this game.

Chance of me buying this at launch: 0% (unless I finish the first game)




No comments:

Post a Comment