Monday, March 14, 2011

Shin Megami Tensei Release Chronology




The Shin Megami Tensei series is one I've been interested in after playing Persona 3. And up to this point, that has been the only game in the series that I've played. One of the reasons for that is that there are just so many titles and I had no idea as to which one came first or how they were related to each other. I really want to go back and play them in order of release, but there is a lot of static online when you try to find release dates. So I did a little investigating and have come up with a Japanese release date chronology for Shin Megami games released in the US.



Shin Megami Tensei Chronology by Japanese Release Date

12/23/92 Revelations: The Demon Slayer (Game Boy Color)
9/29/95  Jack Bros. (Virtual Boy)
9/20/96  Persona (PS1, PSP)
6/24/99  Persona 2  (PS1) (Being remade for PSP)

11/15/02  Demi-Kids Light/Dark Versions (Game Boy Advance)
2/20/03  Nocturne (PS2)
7/15/04  Digital Devil Saga 1 (PS2)
1/27/05  Digital Devil Saga 2  (PS2)


3/2/06     Devil Summoner 1 : Raidou Kuzunoha vs The Soulless Army (PS2)
7/13/06   Persona 3 (PS2, PSP)

7/10/08   Persona 4 (PS2)
10/23/08 Devil  Summoner 2:  Raidou Kuzunoha vs King Abaddon (PS2)

1/15/09   Devil  Survivor  (DS)(Being remade for Nintendo 3DS as Overclocked)
10/8/09   Strange Journey  (DS)

So I guess if you want to start at the beginning, you need to get out your old DS or Gameboy. If you want to start out things with this generation, you can download the first Persona game for PSP via the Playstation Network for $19.99. I also see the box edition with a cd soundtrack for the same price in Gamestop all the time. You'd also be surprised at how many of the older games are still available on Amazon and Ebay.

So I guess when I finish 999 on my Nintendo DSi, I'm gonna give Persona PSP a try.

Atlus has recently put up a website for the upcoming Nintendo 3DS title Devil Survivor Overclocked at: http://www.atlus.com/devilsurvivor3ds/ . The game is due out 6/28/11. Here's the official trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment