Sunday, August 22, 2010

Square Enix and TT Games: Liars For Hire

I'm starting to get a little ticked off at the lies being perpetrated by game companies these days when it comes to online co-op. I remember the first ads for Lego Harry Potter stating that you would be able to play 4 player co-op and online co-op. To this day, almost 2 months after its release there is only 2 player co-op, and that only local. Lies.



If you go to the official Lego Harry Potter website, look under features, it clearly states:

"Online co-op available on PS3 and Xbox 360"

http://games.kidswb.com/official-site/lego-harry-potter/#/us/game_info/features/




Now we have Lara Croft, whose creators almost had a cosmic orgasm about the co-op features and playing online in interviews I watched before the game came out. No dice. No online co-op. I didn't even know about that until AFTER I had bought it. In the game description on Xbox Live, there should be some type of warning stating that online co-op is disabled until Sept. 28th. They should sell it for 800-1000 points and then when they release the online co-op, they should give you a choice on purchasing the patch for 200-400 points. Supposedly, this has to do with the makers of Lara Croft licking the boots of Microsoft, but i don't think it's fair for them to do an exclusive deal for a game that isn't even finished. In some ways I think I am paying for an extended demo.

This is false advertising and probably illegal. I don't buy a car and then it shows up with the car dealer telling me that the passenger seat won't be available for another month!  Or never!

No comments:

Post a Comment